- 5 eggs
- 125g fine sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 50ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Preheat fry pan on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, separate egg whites from egg yolks. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
3 Add in egg yolks, oil, banana, coconut cream & vanilla essence and mix evenly using a wire whisk.
4 Sieve self-raising flour into mixing bowl and fold in flour slowly using a rubber spatula. Ensure flour is evenly folded into mixture.
5 Grease a big cake mould with butter and dust with a thin coat of flour. Pour mixture into mould and bang mould lightly to release trapped air bubbles in mixture.
6 Put mould into frying pan and switch to low heat. Bake for 15 minutes or until water droplets condense on glass cover and start dripping down to sides.
- For pandan flavour, replace banana with 50ml of pandan extract.
- For orange flavour, replace banana with 100ml of orange juice and leave out coconut cream.
- Ensure eggs are at room temperature before beating
- Ensure egg whites do not have any trace of egg yolk after separating
- Ensure egg whites are beaten till stiff peaks