- 600g flat rice noodles
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Chinese sausage (sliced)
- 200g bean sprout
- 2 tbsp sambal chili paste
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet sauce
1 Heat wok over medium-high fire, then add 1-2 tbsp of oil to heated wok and swirl. Allow oil to heat up for a few seconds.
2 Add garlic and fry till slightly brown. Add beaten eggs and fry till almost cooked.
3 Add flat rice noodles, chinese sausage, and sambal chili paste into wok and fry evenly.
4 Add light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, sweet sauce, and pepper and fry.
5 Add bean sprouts and stir fry for 10 seconds. Add a small bowl of hot water and simmer over lower heat for 1 minute if kway teow is too dry.
- Avoid placing kway teow in refrigerator or washing kway teow. Refrigerated kway teow will break into pieces easily when frying, while washed kway teow will clump together.
- If adding prawns or vegetables, fry them first and remove from wok to prevent overcooking. Add them back into wok at the last step. If vegetables produce a lot of liquid, dry the liquid with a kitchen towel before frying the kway teow.